Terms and conditions
Manuscript appraisal terms
• Fees are per single story and we are strict about
• There is a £10 conversion charge for payments other than in £ sterling.
• Manuscripts should be emailed to us as a Word attachment. Reports are also sent back by email. If you wish to send in your manuscript as hard copy then £20 must be added on to the fee. In this instance reports will be posted back with the manuscript.
• The Writers’ Advice Centre reserves the right to refuse acceptance of a manuscript. In such instances the fee will be refunded in full.
• Whenever possible, manuscripts are returned within 30 working days.
• Editorial meetings take place at The Writers’ Advice Centre offices.
• Once an editorial meeting has been arranged, there is a strict 48 hour cancellation policy.
Home study Course terms• Payment for the course is required in full, up-front.
• The payment of £300 covers the cost of the home study course in its entirety.
• Course material is sent out within 14 days of receiving an application.
• There is a £10 conversion charge for payments other than in £ sterling.
• The tutor for these courses is Louise Jordan and she is the sole tutor.
• Students should allow 15 working days for Louise to respond to submitted material.
• Please note that there will be optional feedback from Louise after each module has been completed but it is not possible to involve her in lengthy communication about coursework at other times. There is a separate service for this purpose should students require it.
• Work submitted by post must be typed.
• As only a limited number of students can be accepted onto these courses, the Writers’ Advice Centre reserves the right to refuse applications. In such cases a student may be put on a waiting list.
• In the unlikely event that a student should become dissatisfied, we will do our best to rectify the situation. However, please be aware that the payment for the course will not be refunded once the course is underway.
Workshop terms• Please note that, due to the limited number of places on the workshops, it is not possible to cancel once a booking has been made.
• In the event of the cancellation of a course (which would only be for reasons beyond our control) The Writers’ Advice Centre is not liable for any costs incurred eg. For travel or accommodation.
• A vegetarian option will always be available for lunch. However, depending on the location of the workshop, more specific dietary requirements cannot always be accommodated.
Refund & cancellation policyAll fees are payable up front. We have an immediate refund policy if you decide not to go ahead with any of our services or courses. However the following conditions apply:
a) With regard to our appraisal services, as soon as a project is in progress and an editor has started to work on a manuscript a refund will not be possible.
b) With regard to our telephone consultancy service there is a strict 48 hour cancellation policy. Should a client cancel within 48 hours a refund will not be possible and the call cannot be re-scheduled without further payment.
c) With regard to editorial meetings, there is a strict 48-hour cancellation policy. Should the client cancel with less than 48 hours' notice a refund will not be possible.
d) With regard to the home study course, payment for the course will not be refunded once the course is underway.
Should we not be able to fulfill any order within a reasonable timeframe (to be determined by The Writers’ Advice Centre), we will ensure that a refund is offered.
In all circumstances it should be noted that client satisfaction is our highest priority.
Terms and Conditions: Sales
If you buy a book through our website, we will aim to send out all orders to the UK and Ireland within 3 – 5 working days, and within 10 – 15 working days for the rest of the world.
Within the UK:
£1.50 for one item
£2.00 for two items
Free delivery for three items of more
Outside of the UK:
£6.00 for up to two items
Three items or more free delivery
Returns and Refunds
If you have any queries about your order please get in touch either by email to email@example.com, or by telephone 020 7801 6300. Please note that some book orders link directly through to the Amazon website, at which point purchases are no longer the responsibility of The Writers’ Advice Centre.
COPYRIGHTThis Site is owned and operated by The Writers’ Advice Centre and the information and materials appearing on the Site are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only. All software used on this Site and all Content included on this Site (including without limitation Site design, text, graphics, audio and video and the selection and arrangement thereof) is the property of The Writers’ Advice Centre or its suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws. None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading of one copy of extracts from the Site on any single computer for personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact. Modification of any of the Content or use of any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out herein (including without limitation on any other website or computer network) is prohibited.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site may include links to third party Internet websites
which are controlled and maintained by others. These links are
included solely for the convenience of users and do not
constitute any endorsement by The Writers’ Advice Centre of the
sites linked or referred to, nor does The Writers’ Advice Centre
have any control over the content of any such sites.
LIABILITY DISCLAIMERThe Site is provided by The Writers’ Advice Centre in good faith but The Writers’ Advice Centre does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to all or any part of the Site or the Content or any websites to which the Site is linked, and all warranties and representations are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
The contents of the Site do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. There is no guarantee that the Site will be free of infection by viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive. To the extent permitted by law, The Writers’ Advice Centre hereby disclaims all liability (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of the Content, the Site and/or any website to which the Site is linked, or any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using any of these.
Visitors don’t need to register to visit our home page and access information about the company. However some specific pages may require registration and the provision of personal contact data. Any data gathered through The Writers’ Advice Centre website is used for internal purposes only and this date is not shared with other organisations without your permission. By using our website you consent to the collection and use of your data by Wacky Bee as specified above. Should you wish your personal data to be removed from our records, or updated at a later date, you can request this by emailing us.